Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Friendship

Yesterday was the birthday of one of my dearest friend. His name is Joe and he is a volunteer in Tanzania, along with his wife and baby son. Because it was his birthday, I thought a lot about him--the way he made me smile, the moments we shared together, all the happiness he brought along. I've been blessed with his friendship.



I read this quote recently: "A friend--the one who comes in when the whole World has gone out" and it got me thinking of the many wonderful friends I have.
Each one, unique in their own way, have brought sunshine into my life, and helped me face the storms that threatened to blow away my courage, my faith, my dreams.
Some friends have been around for a long time, others I've met recently, but all of them are treasured and I am so thankful for them all. For believing in me, for lending an undestanding hand in difficult situations, for holding me when I broke down in tears, for creating magic in my life.
I don't know much about life and how things are supposed to be--all I know is I am here today thanks to the support of many incredible people I am proud to call friends.
And I love each of you! Thanks for your friendship! Happy Birthday Joe Crosby in Africa!!!




Perhaps this is love after all, to bring so much sunshine into the other person’s life that the shadows vanish. There is no room for darkness in a place where the light shines brightly.